Most of design is done still with a embarrassing amount of data. Having released software for decades, we still don't know exactly what module is the most used, what workflows the customers are following, where do customers fail. It is all guesses and opinions.
The idea of this project is to research:
- What options exists to collect UX/telemetry data from:
- Web applications
- command line applications
- Custom desktop applications
- Are there any standards on the data format, server implementation, etc?
- Collecting data is a sensitive topic, even more in enterprise environment. How can the data be anonymized, checked and voluntarily transmitted in a transparent and hassle-free way?
- How can the data be published for public interest and consumption? eg. open-source communities contributing to these projects.
- Apart of UX, what other data would be interesting to collect?
- Instrumentation data for performance improvements
- Crash data for stability improvements.
No Hackers yet
This project is part of:
Hack Week 16