The Uyuni doc requires a lot of dependencies installed to be built. Keeping your system on the right versions or reinstalling can be a challenge.
Moreover, we don't build the documentation on the PRs, so we can inspect it, and we don't have it in any place before we prepare releases.
Goal for this Hackweek
- Create a container image that can build the doc from a set of parameters (git repository, git reference, product)
- Publish the container to GitHub (at least for now, OBS is not an option, as a lot of gems and npm packages are required) -> to Docker Hub for now
- Create a github action to build, on demand, the doc and (somehow) publish it -> postponed
- Able to write docker files
- Familiarity with GitHub actions
- Familiarity with container images on GitHub
- Familiarity with publishing objects (if possible static website) from PRs, by using GitHub tooling
This project is part of:
Hack Week 22