There is a number of annoyances and pending improvements when working with the Salt Formula for provisioning Prometheus Exporters in Uyuni:
- Fix issue with cleanup in case the monitoring entitlement is removed.
- Single system vs. group assignment: make it visible in the UI in case there is a group level assignment.
- Automatically create a corresponding firewall configuration when provisioning Prometheus exporters.
- Create a better identifier for Formulas rather than just matching the Formula name in the code.
- Refactor the validation code: extract methods to a separate validator class and keep
FormulaManagerclean from it.
Progress during Hackweek 19:
Only the first item from the above list could be finished, a fix has been merged to Uyuni
master with https://github.com/uyuni-project/uyuni/pull/1643.
This project is part of:
Hack Week 19
This project is one of its kind!