Sometimes you search for a package, and you don't find it because you're not typing it right. Of course there's regex support behind the scenes but it requires conscious effort to make use of.
It's hard to query packages with typos in mind since naturally nobody makes typos on purpose. A secondary goal here is to evaluate rust bindings to rpm.
- Create a new project on GitHub for the project
- Prepare a zypper plugin i.e. exposing a command like
- Use rust bindings to query the package database
- Look into levenshtein or another fuzzy search algorithm
- Bonus: Find out if dependency information could be queried, c.f. rdepends
Looking for hackers with the skills:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 22
This project is one of its kind!