pmpman -> why dont we automate the music on our phone / mp3 player?
a project by osynge
a project by osynge
Updated almost 4 years ago. 4 hacker ♥️.
- My phone / media player has less storage space than my music collection is large. I charge my phone / media player via USB attached to my computer. I want it to transfer media to my phone / media player in a non interactive way.
- Media transfers take too long for me to trigger media transfers so best to have them happen when ever I connect my media player / phone.
- My phone / media player uses some silly format called FAT and my Russian / Polish / Indian / Chinese / African music names don’t work well on FAT.
- I have more than 1 computer and music collections on different computers and I want to sync them via my phone / media player.
- I want to not worry about media transfers if I unplug the USB connection.
- My phone MTP interface. My phone and media player presents its self as a USB storage device. I want both access systems to be supported.
- Interrupted transfers should recover when they are interrupted.
- I want to transfer albums and not just random tracks.
- I want to know the providence of my music, which computer uploaded it, what was its original file name and path.
- I want to specify how much music is uploaded from which music collection as a percentage of available space.
- I want older files added by pmpman to be deleted to make space for new files. I dont want files not added by pmpman to ever be deleted.
I have already written a first version of this application but want to start from scratch again as the database design did not cope with interrupted transfers well and databases stored on the media player went very slowly for updates effectively doubling the transfer time.
Looking for hackers with the skills:
This project is part of:
Hack Week 11
Testing and adding GNU/Linux distributions on Uyuni by juliogonzalezgil
Join the Gitter channel! [https://gitter.im/uy...
OSSelot collaboration on legal reviews of community packages by lkocman
[comment]: # (Please use the project descriptio...
One of couple of Python projects (update M2Crypto) by mcepl
There are couple of projects I work on, which n...
zypper plugin for discovering reverse dependencies by bzoltan1
Often when we test maintenance updates or when ...
Give some love to spec-cleaner by kstreitova
spec-cleaner is an open...
Be the first to comment!