The idea is to create a bootable medium (eg. pendrive) that allows:
- Selection of either SLES, Leap or Tumbleweed.
- Autoinstallation of the OS.
- NIS setup if workstation, unison/sync setup if laptop.
- Corporate VPN setup in the default desktop (GNOME).
- Thunderbird setup.
- IRC setup (eg. X-chat GNOME).
- Browser bookmarks, intranet or bookmark page as home-page.
The goal is to have the employee being to work and participate from day #1. More unusual customisations can be done by the employee later (alternative WMs, mail clients, etc).
- Create a Salt formula that can be managed as an integral opensource project and enhanced over time.
- Initial test infrastructure with terraform/vagrant so that it can be run in a VM or dry-run mode.
- Enhance YaST/AutoYaST to be able to apply the formula at boot/firstboot (a project on its own)
This project is part of:
Hack Week 15 Hack Week 16
This project is one of its kind!