The DMI table may contain BIOS-based error information. Currently dmidecode is not able to decode it. However an experimental patch was contributed a few years ago, which could be used as a starting point to enable this feature.
Goal for this Hackweek
- Pick the experimental patch, forward-port it to the latest version of dmidecode.
- Test the result on as many systems as possible.
- Extend the code to support more systems if needed and possible.
- Ensure the patch follows the coding style standard and builds without warning on all supported architectures.
- Format the patch into a patch series suitable for upstream submission, and submit it.
This project is part of:
Hack Week 20
This project is one of its kind!