Work on a solution to schedule workloads onto SLES RT RKE2 worker nodes. There will be a simple custom controller that will ensure the workloads defined as RT can be scheduled on the SLES RT workers. Besides, the custom controller will ensure some basic RT shielding is performed to ensure proper response time.
Goal for this Hackweek
- A functional RKE2 cluster with some SLES RT worker nodes
- With a simple custom controller/scheduler & custom resource(s) that will enable some workloads to be scheduled onto the SLES RT worker nodes, with the appropriate shielding
- Have tests (e-g: cyclictest) report acceptable response times for the shielded applications (i-e within typical RT standards).
- SLES15 SP3 RT: https://documentation.suse.com/sle-rt/15-SP3/
- Real-Time Linux: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/realtime/start
- cyclictest: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/realtime/documentation/howto/tools/cyclictest/start
This project is one of its kind!