For quite some time I am providing a ResourceSpace container on Docker Hub. It is meanwhile pulled about 234K times but unfortunately still based on Ubuntu. Meanwhile I have updated the base to Ubuntu 20.04, but I would like to move it to openSUSE instead. With ResourceSpace 9.5 coming out soon I see a possibility of introducing this switch. Enno Gotthold also did a great job of packaging ResourceSpace on OBS, so this could be used as a starting point for the container.
Goal for this Hackweek
- Adjust the ResourceSpace container to use openSUSE as a base (https://github.com/suntorytimed/resourcespace-docker)
- Publish the new container on Docker Hub and set the latest tag for the openSUSE based container (https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/suntorytimed/resourcespace)
- If everything works out smoothly we could also release the container on the openSUSE Registry in addition to Docker Hub
- Analyse what would be necessary for a SLE based container, which might be interesting for some enterprise users of ResourceSpace
- Look into a Helm chart as an alternative to docker-compose
- Help with a Helm chart example for deploying Resourcespace with MariaDB
- Input on the container configuration and changes that could be done to the image layout
This project is part of:
Hack Week 20 Hack Week 21
![Combined icons of k3s and Uyuni](https://user...
I'm running a simple home mirror, but I managed...
[comment]: # (Please use the project descriptio...