Enhance ansible usage in orthos
What is this about
ansible is an interesting approach to manage machines inside a network, cluster, data center,... If you already have some background, great! If you want to learn more about what this new technology is..., even better. Come in, join and play with it.
Orthos already makes use of ansible to scan machine inventory, but it's not implemented well:
- Some data (json based result file) is mapped wrongly (e.g. cpu core count on ARM)
- Some is missing, e.g. which distro got installed is still done by old scripts
- A not well implemented inventory.yml creation should get replaced by using mainline dynamic ansible inventory plugin: cobbler.py
- Ideally the inventory.yml could get kind of exported, so that the ordinary users can make use of it and by that have all ansible scripts/plugins available to users to configure, connect, monitor via ansible roles and scripts our machines.
Related github projects:
I can help and point to where one could enhance our installations by:
- Fiddle out cobbler/orthos into separate services and try to package them into containers
This is about #installation #ansible #cobbler #orthos #django #python #fun
No Hackers yet
This project is part of:
Hack Week 22
This project is one of its kind!