I started developing Loggee as a CLI to interact with Board Game Geek and it's API. I wanted to have an easy way to see my games and log my plays in the site, and as a bonus, learn more of the functional programming language Elixir.
I'm really happy with the results so far, but now I want to improve the tool in several ways:
Goal for this Hackweek
Implement a telegram bot:
I want to implement an interactive telegram bot, so I can post my plays and see my games directly via telegram. I already have a draft of some commands in a branch, using this project as base, but I still need to learn how to make it more interactive.
Implement a web UI
The API part will be made with the Phoenix framework, and I'm deciding if the UI will be made with it or with React.
General CLI UI improvements
The CLI is not so nice to use, and spits Elixir structures instead of human readable information. I want to change that.
I won't be able to work in all those fronts, so I'll decide at the time which one of them I want to tackle. If you want to join, or give your feedback on what features you think would be useful for you, feel free to do so!
In days 1 and 2, I managed to create, configure and deploy the telegram bot (@loggee_bot, currently offline). It was deployed to gigalixir.com, a heroku-like service made specially for hosting elixir projects. The bot currently has all the features from the CLI, except posting a new play to boardgamegeek.com
Day 3: initialized the Phoenix app, with the CLI/telegram bot as a dependency. Created the users table to save the bgg username and password (encrypted) and telegram username (will be used to interact with the bot)
- Fix a few bugs, refactor functions and improve overall usability, especially on the Stats option
This project is part of:
Hack Week 20 Hack Week 21
The goal of this proj...
Get [modern-unix tools](https://github.com/ibra...
Rancher Support Matrix CLI Helper
A tool t...
[comment]: # Harvester does not officially come...