A kubernetes controller that spins a dev k3s cluster within your existing kubernetes cluster, the idea is derived from k3d but instead of using docker on the desktop machine to spin a k3s cluster, I will be using kubernetes itself as the host for these clusters.
The user will have to create a
Cluster Object which should look something like this:
apiVersion: k3k.io/v1alpha1 kind: Cluster Spec: servers: 2 agents: 3 token: test version: v1.25.0-k3s1
[comment]: # (What are your goals to be achieved at the end of this Hackweek?)
Goal for this Hackweek
- Create a POC for creating a cluster within a cluster
- Create the base controller by either using kubebuilder or wrangler as the framework
[comment]: # (Please link to sources and other data here.) [comment]: # (Prefer public repositories, such as GitHub!)
- Wrangler https://github.com/rancher/wrangler
- controller-runtime https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/controller-runtime
- k3d https://github.com/k3d-io/k3d
[comment]: # (After creating the project, please add some keywords:) [comment]: # (* What type of project mates are you looking for, which skills do you need or lack?) [comment]: # (* Which keywords will help other people to find your project?)
Looking for hackers with the skills:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 22
This project is one of its kind!