Due previous hackweek (https://hackweek.opensuse.org/projects/test-mainline-kernel-on-an-older-qualcomm-soc-msm89xx-explore-mainline-kernel-qualcomm-mainlining) both msm8994 angler and msm8992 bullhead are booting and due other activity (including my work) both have working SD card, but that's just start. Add support for other functionality.
Goal for this Hackweek
- There are still some memory issues for bullhead (SMEM, invalid patch: https://email@example.com/), fix them.
- Regulators support for angler (basic for other functionality)
- USB support for both angler and bullhead
- Haptics support (https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Haptics)
- Document on
- [RFC PATCH 1/1] arm64: dts: qcom: msm8994-huawei-angler: Add regulators (TODO, based on my previous work in my free time)
- [PATCH 1/1] arm64: dts: qcom: msm8992-lg-bullhead: Enable regulators => merged in v6.3-rc1 as 2866527093dd ("arm64: dts: qcom: msm8992-lg-bullhead: Enable regulators")
- [PATCH 1/2] arm64: dts: msm8994-angler: Fix cont_splash_mem mapping => merged into qcom/for-next (will be in v6.4) as fe88480a6be9 ("arm64: dts: qcom: msm8994-angler: Fix cont_splash_mem mapping")
- [PATCH 2/2] arm64: dts: msm8994-angler: removed clash with smem_region => merged into qcom/for-next (will be in v6.4) as c85c8a992794 ("arm64: dts: qcom: msm8994-angler: removed clash with smem_region")
- [PATCH 1/1] arm64: defconfig: Enable qcom msm8994 clk drivers (TODO), => later v2, which was merged as 8f680c287445 ("arm64: defconfig: Switch msm8996 clk drivers to module") and 8f680c287445 ("arm64: defconfig: Switch msm8996 clk drivers to module")
This project is part of:
Hack Week 22