The KEF LS50 Wireless are audiophile grade powered speakers that are fairly Linux friendly. But so far they can only be configured via an Android/iOS mobile app. I want to reverse engineer the custom binary protocol used by the apps, and build a simple Linux application to reconfigure things like DSP settings on the fly from the terminal.

Looking for hackers with the skills:

Nothing? Add some keywords!

This project is part of:

Hack Week 19


  • about 3 years ago: kraih started this project.
  • about 4 years ago: kraih originated this project.

  • Comments

    • aginies
      about 4 years ago by aginies | Reply

      There is this project:

    • aginies
      about 4 years ago by aginies | Reply

      So you already start it ?

      • kraih
        about 4 years ago by kraih | Reply

        Yes, i already wrote a tool a few months back to configure settings like input and volume, which represents about 30% of the whole control protocol. This HackWeek i added another tool to configure the DSP settings, covering the remaining 70%.

    Similar Projects

    This project is one of its kind!