With the discontinuation of k3os, there is no minimal Linux available that bundles the OS with k3s, but with Elemental one can create custom images that can be extended. The community has been asking for this, but we don't have an immediate need for enterprise customers, so it hasn't been prioritized.
Goal for this Hackweek
- Install k3s manually in elemental and check the functionality
- Bundle k3s into a container image and try to install by upgrading
- Check how to dynamically bundle or create
- Create a custom ISO for bootstraping
- Create documentation on how to bundle k3s with elemental
This project is one of its kind!