Project Description

I want for long time to get my hands dirty with go and webassembly. we have (openqa-mon)[https://github.com/grisu48/openqa-mon] which is a monitoring tool for OpenQA. The aiming is to learn a bit more about those tools and convert the project in webassembly

Goal for this Hackweek

  • Make openqa-mon a webapp

During the process i believe i can also:

  • identify future features
  • Make documentation
  • write some tests for openqa-mon(??)

Resources

  • https://github.com/grisu48/openqa-mon
  • https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/WebAssembly#getting-started

Looking for hackers with the skills:

webassembly go golang web javascript

This project is part of:

Hack Week 20

Activity

  • over 3 years ago: pdostal liked this project.
  • over 3 years ago: ph03nix liked this project.
  • over 3 years ago: dfaggioli liked this project.
  • over 3 years ago: ybonatakis added keyword "webassembly" to this project.
  • over 3 years ago: ybonatakis added keyword "go" to this project.
  • over 3 years ago: ybonatakis added keyword "golang" to this project.
  • over 3 years ago: ybonatakis added keyword "web" to this project.
  • over 3 years ago: ybonatakis added keyword "javascript" to this project.
  • over 3 years ago: ybonatakis started this project.
  • over 3 years ago: ybonatakis originated this project.

  • Comments

    • ph03nix
      over 3 years ago by ph03nix | Reply

      Love it! Let me know if I can help you with openqa-mon tests, PR are much appreciated there! add-emoji

    • ybonatakis
      over 3 years ago by ybonatakis | Reply

      So the results were not the expected but i guess i learned a few things during this. briefly, the implementation of openqa-mon uses syscall library. this alone was enough to block the idea as it will require significant changes to get accomplished. Particularly, the dependency on Tui.go should be altered or removed. The submodule syscall/js provides some access to the WebAssembly host environment when using the js/wasm architecture. The attempt to use this ended with massive changes either to tui.go or/and openqa-mon.go. With those changes in place and a bit of javascript, an openqa-mon in webassembly project is possible. While thinking how to solve the problem above i found the "browsix"[0]. Another webassmbly app to run console on the browser written in Go. I thought to try out this and call the openqa-mon as utility of the browsix shell. this also failed due to some packages' dependencies during the build.

      What actually i had accomplished during this hackweek was - to find and fix a bug on openqa-mon. - Add a single test for the fix - Learn some things about webassembly and go, and refresh some javascript - Create the additional files to launch the openqa-mon.wasm (server.go and openqa-mon_web.wasm)

      [0] https://github.com/plasma-umass/browsix

    Similar Projects

    This project is one of its kind!