I have bought a Raspberry Pi 400 and would like to experiment how it integrates into SUSE ecosystem.
- flash a micro SD card from a Macbook to install Ubuntu, SLES and/or openSUSE
- same from an external USB-C SSD disk, compare speed
- deploy SUSE Manager locally and register Pi
- integrate into development VPN and register Pi into existing SUSE Manager instance
- set up a local PXE server and try to install via pure PXE/TFTP
- same from local SUSE Manager instance
- try to develop in ARM assembler on the Pi
- write findings or record a video
That's quite a lot and I will probably be able to do only a small part of it.
Goal for this Hackweek
Get familiar with the Raspberry Pi, our SUSE implementation and SUSE Manager integration.
Since the hardware is only available locally, it will probably be a one-man show, but feel free to join or just support!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 20