Cloud Foundry For Kubernetes (cf-for-k8s) blends the popular CF developer API with Kubernetes, Istio, and other open source technologies. The project aims to improve developer productivity for organizations using Kubernetes. cf-for-k8s can be installed atop any conformant environment in minutes. Cloud Foundry is an open-source cloud platform as a service (PaaS) on which developers can build, deploy, run and scale applications.
Coming from a few years experience at SAP managing some big CF Platforms deployed on VMs, I would like to try out this new architecture on top of k8s. This is a great opportunity to learn more about Rancher products and Kubernetes environments!
Goal for this Hackweek
- Get to know Rancher products (Rancher, RKE, k3s)
- Get to know the new architecture of cf-on-k8s
- Setup a Rancher-managed Kubernetes environment
- Deploy cf-on-k8s on top of it and run a demo application
- Contribute to official documentation in case something is lacking
I see a part of it as self-study on a single dev machine but of course anyone is welcome to join this DevOps journey!
No Hackers yet
This project is part of:
Hack Week 20