Iguana installer/rescue initrd uses containers for all its functionality. However there is incredible development in WebAssembly (WASM) space where WASM images uses the same infrastructure as OCI images.
Goal for this Hackweek
In this project we would like to research usage of WASM within Iguana:
- investigate limitations of WASI (WebAssembly System Interface) and if it can be and how it can be used for various installation or rescue or plain utility usage.
- integration of WASM runtime in Iguana
- Iguana: https://github.com/openSUSE/iguana
- WebAssembly: https://webassembly.org/
- WebAssembly in docker: https://wasmlabs.dev/articles/docker-without-containers/
- WASI: https://wasi.dev/
No Hackers yet
This project is part of:
Hack Week 22