HobbyFarm is an interactive, browser-based learning tool for cloud native technologies. It is used to deliver both virtual and in-person training on technologies such as Rancher. The project was originally started out of a desire for such a tool coupled with disinterest or incompatibilities with existing similar offerings.
Goal for this Hackweek
- Operators to provision VMs/instances on various cloud providers
- TESTING - We need all kinds of testing implemented. Unit, integration, e2e, allergy, you name it.
- In-browser chat/teleconference feature so people can get help with their session
- Proctor view so teachers can view the progress of their students
- "Share-a-shell" feature so teachers can shoulder-surf, assist, or demonstrate to the students.
There is also plenty of work for anyone who likes chasing bugs, dulling edges, picking nits, cleaning code, etc.
Overall Project: github.com/hobbyfarm
Frontend (User-facing): github.com/hobbyfarm/ui
Frontend (Admin): github.com/hobbyfarm/admin-ui
This project is one of its kind!