My goal is build on Alberto's work on "yomi" and the new Salt-based virtualization management features that Cedric has contributed, then combine them with a Redfish prototype to do the following from one (ideally idempotent) Salt state (orchestration state if required):
- mount the installation media via Redfish
- power-cycle the machine via Redfish as needed
- use yomi to install the virtualization host
- use yomi and Salt virtualization states to deploy a bunch of VMs that will be our Kubernetes nodes
- use yomi and/or skuba to create a Kubernetes cluster
The goal isn't to get this done perfectly well, but to learn about the potential challenges, especially with the end-to-end integration into Salt.
This project is part of:
Hack Week 18
[comment]: # (Please use the project descriptio...
We would like to crea...
![Combined icons of k3s and Uyuni](https://user...