There are a bunch of K8s distros out there, why dont trying deploying RKE on a Libvirt host using Ansible? This upstream project started a few years ago as the automation vehicle to deploy some Kubernetes distributions for some European Commission research projects. The project is stable enough to get you a fully functional development or almost production ready Kubernetes cluster spread in a single or multiple baremetal machines.
The goals at the end of this Hackweek are:
- Getting familiar with Ansible.
- Deploying RKE with Kubeinit (An Ansible collection to deploy Kubernetes distros).
- Raising as many issues as possible in the GitHub project.
- Provide feedback about the current patterns in place.
- Maybe even checking the requirements for an ARM deployment?
- Source code: https://github.com/kubeinit/kubeinit
- Documentation: https://docs.kubeinit.org/
- CI status: https://github.com/Kubeinit/kubeinit/blob/main/periodic_jobs.md (All RKE scenarios are up and running!)
- Slack: https://kubernetes.slack.com/archives/C01FKK19T0B
Keywords: Kubernetes, RKE, Ansible, Automation, Libvirt.
This project is one of its kind!