I'll integrate my existing smart devices at home to Home Assistant server that I set up a while ago.
Goal for this Hackweek
- Getting started with Home Assistant and understand the main concepts of it.
- Set up XiaomiGateway3 to controll Xiaomi smart devices locally using Xiaomi Multimode Gateway 2. Internet connection was needed previously and data update wasn't instant because of polling interval.
- Add several device support in XiaomiGateway3. Currently not(fully) supported devices at home are Panasonic celing light, Xiaomi motion sensor 2s, etc.
- Update my custom dashboard to use new entities.
Goals maybe for next Hackweek
- Integrate Zhonghong gateway to Home Assistant to controller air conditioners locally.
- Integrate ventilation system to Home Assistant using RS485.
- Getting started with Home Assistant: https://www.home-assistant.io/getting-started
- XiaomiGateway3: https://github.com/AlexxIT/XiaomiGateway3
keyword: Home Assistant, smart home, mihome
This project is part of:
Hack Week 23
This project is one of its kind!