My goal is to attempt to build a basic speech-to-text app that can execute some basic CLI commands for Epinio simply using voice without touching a keyboard. Examples:
epinio app create sampleapp
epinio app list
I believe that this could be useful not only to ease command typing at times but perhaps be also a nice feature that could add value to Epinio if successful.
Goal for this Hackweek
Some of the goals for this project would be:
- Find some tools that already bring a speech-to-text library
- Put together a basic script that somehow works and can recognize voice.
- Fine-tune the speech recognition as much as possible.
- Transcribe the speech to text
- Execute a successful transcription into a functional command
If all the above works somehow next step would be to attempt a more human-friendly interpretation of a command. For instance, instead of transcribing
epinio app create sampleapp, it would be nice that a sentence like: "Epinio, please create an app named sampleapp", would execute that command producing the same result.
Unrelated to the project, but personally, to grow a bit my coding skills by attempting to put together a minimal POC for this.
Not sure where I will end, but I am starting here:
This project is one of its kind!