Setup a patchew instance
patchew allows you to easily track patch series sent to a mailinglist and see the diff between the different series. This is especially usefull if you are following discussions on patch series and you want to know
- if there is a new version of a series
- what has changed between both series
There is an instance which follows LKML on patchew.org but it has several issues:
- due to high load it's most of the time unresponsive
- if your series wasn't sent to LKML but only the subsystem email list (linux-mediatek in my case) it won't show up
Goal for this Hackweek
- Try to set-up patchew instance and get it working with linux-mediatek.
- Import older files (e.g. from lore) into the instance
- Evaluate if this kind of service could be hosted by SUSE/openSUSE to give back to the kernel community
- For now I'm not interested in the 'Tester' part of the framework
- Contribute to the documentation on how to set the whole beast up.
Looking for hackers with the skills:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 22
This project is one of its kind!