SUSE IT needs help from fellow geekos with release engineering skills to define the requirements, process, infrastructure, and tools for building an openSUSE-based distribution bundled with SUSE IT-supported application stack. The resulting OS build will be offered as a standard distribution for new SUSE employees in addition to the existing Operating System library.
Goal for this Hackweek
- Define requirements (and name) for the build.
- Selected features implemented for the MVP.
- Define a process for updating the image with the future releases of openSUSE.
- Identify and deploy required infrastructure and repositories.
- Produce an installable OS image that can be used by volunteers across the company.
- Document everything.
- Have a lot of fun in the process.
This project is part of:
Hack Week 21