The goal of this project is to create a lightweight multi-cloud metadata CLI for Public Cloud environments. There are cloud specific packages that exist but they all have different API and many are developed in Python which is quite heavy for cloud images, especially containers. Leveraging a compiled language will help with keeping the CLI lightweight.
Goal for this Hackweek
- A multi-cloud metadata package that works in all cloud frameworks (as support is added)
- Developed in Go to keep the package and dependencies lightweight
- Developed using Plugin Oriented Programming style to allow for easy inclusion of new Cloud Frameworks. Ideally with a simple config file (no new code).
- Go (https://go.dev/)
- jmespath (https://jmespath.org/)
- POP (https://pop-book.readthedocs.io/en/latest/)
This project is part of:
Hack Week 21