GNOME Software supports distribution upgrade, that only requires a few clicks for upgrading your system. But it's not integrated into Leap. So this is that I plan to do this Hack Week.
- Fetch distributions.json using libsoup instead of librest to avoid adding new dependency to gnome-software.
- Add rpm conflicts resolving ability in PackageKit's zypp backend and GNOME Software.
- Pick up changes made in hackweek 19 and build an usable solution.
- Submit patches to upstream and openSUSE:Factory.
- upgrade-system method was implemented in PackageKit's zypp backend and submitted to upstream and GNOME:Factory.
- Rewrite previously rewritten openSUSE-distro-upgrade plugin to suite the re-structured GNOME Software plugin framwork.
- How to know whether there is a new version of Leap? > https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/issues/744
- Re-write upgrade-system method in PackageKit's zypp backend. > https://github.com/openSUSE/libzypp/issues/209
Looking for hackers with the skills:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 19 Hack Week 21
This project is one of its kind!