The project k3s-ansible helps to easily install and manage k3s clusters and it's particularly handy for users who use ansible for daily operations. I personally prefer it than using k3sup and scripts because i have ansible set up in almost all my computers. Having used it for a while i noticed that the project lacks of some functionalities so i thought why not giving a go and try tinkering with it during the hackweek. https://github.com/k3s-io/k3s-ansible
Goal for this Hackweek
List of things may nice to have which i believe are currently missing:
- [x] Multi server installations with embedded etcd (variable
extra_server_argsdoes not seem sufficient to achieve this?)
- [x] *SUSE systems requirements/optimisation
- [ ] Server/agent Upgrade task
- [ ] installation leveraging config file: https://rancher.com/docs/k3s/latest/en/installation/install-options/#configuration-file
- [ ] Log collection - Stats with facts
I have found other similar interesting projects here that could benefit from each other effort and collaboration, for instance:
Similarly I have an ongiong project on github which uses ansible to spin VMs (leap and SLES 15 so far). This k3s project could be added there as an ansible role and so on...
This project is one of its kind!