Hamsta currently lacks a standardized network interface that would allow other systems accessing its capabilities. There is a custom network interface with text-parsing based protocol that is poorly documented and needs to be implemented on the client side to be usable. This interface does not use any standardized way of communication or library.
This project suggests to add a standardized web service interface (let us call it API) to Hamsta. Expected attributes are following.
- Standardized interface (i.e. described and known outside of our department).
- Uses tested library.
- Usable by any type of frontend (web, command line, desktop or smartphone application, ...).
- Usable by any type of interfacing system.
The project is divided into several steps.
- Select interface protocol.
- Select (backend) implementation library.
- Define available interface functions.
- Add library integration.
- Implement interface functions and do testing.
- Document the interface.
Ideas for the interface protocol are following.
The idea of adding the interface is old. Part of this project idea comes from FATE #315109. But generally this project is to support needed architectural changes in Hamsta.
Pavel Kacer (email@example.com) is responsible for this project. The stakeholders are QA Automation team members and project manager.
There is no code. All decisions and implementation have to be made, yet.
This project is part of:
Hack Week 10
As part of the [mojo....
Dochazka is a long-term project to replace the ...
[comment]: # (Please use the project descriptio...