Develop an Oculus Quest 2 APP by Unity
I have been working on Nvidia GPU Virtualization for a while, quite interested in one of the GPU branch, Virtual Reality. I bought an Oculus Quest 2 last black Friday, however, I haven't got any chance to dig it yet. I plan to setup a development environment on my Linux workstation, build a Quest 2 APP and install it on the headset.
Goal for this Hackweek
Build the app, install it on Oculus Quest 2. I will use the asset of Escape Room, which includes the scene and model materials created by the Unity 3D engine. However, it still needs to implement the game plot and event functions. So I can focus on the code development for the scripts. Btw, it uses C#.
- Figure out the workflow of developing an Oculus Quest APP by Unity.
- Setup development environment with UnityHub
- Build through the asset of Escape Room. Hit 33 build errors, took a while for me to fix them.
- Add a teleporter for movement, implement several interactable objects, and develop the interactive functions.
- Build the apk file properly, and sign it with a keystore file.
- Install it on HeadSet.
This project is one of its kind!