Many years back I created a simple python based CLI package that wrapped the NWS API to get weather forecasts, discussions and current conditions. Meanwhile I have not had time to keep it up-to-date so many pieces are broken or using deprecated features of the REST API. The package is useful to get weather information much quicker from CLI than clicking through the NWS website.
Goal for this Hackweek
The goal for this project is update and fix the package as well as add new features. Also, the documentation can be updated to be more thorough and useful.
Project URL: https://github.com/smarlowucf/wxcast
- [x] Use Github actions instead of travis
- [x] Move metar to nws api
- [x] Convert string formatting to use F strings
- [x] Add get WFO info
- [x] Get a list of stations for wfo
- [x] Get station info
- [x] Fix 7 day forecast
- [x] Add temp unit option to metar
- [x] Add alias to metar for decoded version with conditions
- [x] Add/update documentation
- [x] Release new major version
This project is part of:
Hack Week 20
This project is one of its kind!