Gardener is SAP's portable Kubernetes distribution and management framework, which aims to create a common base layer for current and future SAP applications and services. Rancher is the leading management framework for arbitrary Kubernetes distributions. Wouldn't it be great if Rancher and Gardener could work together, and Gardner became a first-class citizen in Rancher?
Goal for this Hackweek
- Install Gardener
- Install Rancher
- Enroll Gardener cluster under Rancher management
- Demonstate the capabilities gained with this setup
- Investigate what would be required to make Gardener a first-class-citizen in Rancher (akin to AKS, EKS, ... support)
- Starting as an independent exploration
- Happy for anyone interested in Gardener or Rancher to join!
No Hackers yet
This project is part of:
Hack Week 20