I'd like to spent some time improving the network for our office in Gran Canaria in the following aspects:
- Mini rack: Get a cheap or second hand mini rack to put all the network equipment inside.
- Optionally, get a patch panel to connect all the cables to and use wall-mounts
- Cable management: Improve the cables by having cables adjusted right length for each work place
Stuff to research:
- IPv6: Speak with our provider and find out if we can get a IPv6 static prefix and how much it would cost
- Also, setup DHCPv6 relay for all subnets
- Alternatively, take a look at: https://tunnelbroker.net/
- Setup OpenVPN server to access network equipment from outside
- Change FTTH to bridge mode so hap ac2 can get WAN IP directly. Do they allow this?
- Connect CubieBoard to the hap ac2 (instead of running separately) and isolate it using VLAN. Is this worth the effort?
Anyone from the GC office (or willing to visit ;-p) is welcome to join !
Looking for hackers with the skills:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 17
This project is one of its kind!