Kanidm is a modern, fast, opensource IDM aiming to be an alternative to projects like 389-ds, freeipa, samba 4 and others. Inspired by many identity as a services, many features of this project aim to advance the state of what is possible with opensource security and IDM today.
There are many areas of idm that can be explored and many ways to contribute. This can be from testing and feedback, documentation improvements, code review, design review, or code. There are a large range of code problems from database internals, usability and security.
Goal for this Hackweek
These are my goals, but feel free to set your own - all contributions are valuable, especially code review, documentation and feedback!
- Add account recovery codes
- Create a proof of concept of the web-ui for self service and login.
"How can I help?"
There are so many ways to contribute! Even installing the server, reporting issues and giving feedback is really valuable.
For other ways to contribute you could:
- Help improve the --help documentation of the command line tools
- Perform PR code review
- Select an issue or feature and write a design or code for it
Some good issues you may consider
- Improve the servers benchmarks
- Revision tags on REST apis
- Help design business schema for entries
- Check the password badlist on authentication
Or any of the other issues in the tracker!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 20