At SUSE/openSUSE we are using (at least some times) Etherpad, whose functionality is really limited and looks as taken from the past. After taking a look to other possible Open Source alternatives, I think there is at the moment any which offers all the feature I would like to have. Because of that I would like to contribute to JetPad, with the idea of using it privately and that it can also be used by SUSE/openSUSE.
JetPad is a web-based collaborative text editor built with SwellRT real-time technology and the Angular 2 framework. Both JetPad and SwellRT code can be found in GitHub:
Ideas of things to improve:
- Handle permissions: https://github.com/P2Pvalue/jetpad/issues/95
- Login/List of my documents: https://github.com/P2Pvalue/jetpad/issues/96
- Being able to download document: https://github.com/P2Pvalue/jetpad/issues/98
- Delete documents: https://github.com/P2Pvalue/jetpad/issues/93
- Undo feature: https://github.com/P2Pvalue/jetpad/issues/90
- Search for documents feature: https://github.com/P2Pvalue/jetpad/issues/89
- Solve accessibility issues: https://github.com/P2Pvalue/jetpad/issues/87
More ideas in the JetPad issues list
This project is part of:
Hack Week 17
This project is one of its kind!