This would be a multiple step solution, a first idea that I would explore would be:
- Query Florian's qam_reposervice API from RRID to base products and modules needed for update
- Use the repos URL's to create .repo files
- Put the .repo files in a folder to be used by salt and terraform, probable use sumaform
- After deployment of the right qcow2 image (the base product from before needs to be used), the IP and hostname of the hosts would be presented to the user.
- Ideally somewhere in between the installation test would be done in the hosts automatically. This is the last optional step that needs looking into.
I need to see what is already there in sumaform and decide how to complement it.
This project is one of its kind!