In 2017 Linux desktops still lack a good-looking Chess interface. 10 years ago I got frustrated and started my own.
The interface is using cairo to draw the board and SVG pieces to smoothly scale at any size.
- basic support to play on FICS
- basic integration with Crafty
I want to give it a huge face-lift by:
- improving the looks of the UI (cope with dark themes)
- integrating with UCI engines (Stockfish) instead of Crafty to support analysis mode and play vs the engine
- adding UI to seek games (currently it is through typing in the terminal)
- supporting pre-moves (crucial for Bullet/Blitz)
There is a long list of features that need to be added before the board is usable.
No Hackers yet
Looking for hackers with the skills:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 15
This project is one of its kind!