The SUSE Manager team currently uses vagrantup.com to create developer environments (a project known as suminator).
Doing the same with terraform.io and the terraform libvirt provider we could:
- orchestrate setups with multiple Virtual Machines (Vagrant does not support that)
- provide an all-packaged solution (Vagrant is not packaged/very hard at the moment)
- allow deployments to public clouds (eg. AWS) for scalability tests
- allow deployments to the Engineering Cloud instance, to avoid using team-specific servers
- SUMa servers and clients supported, all configurations previously supported by suminator
- dependency between clients and servers handled correctly
- OpenStack Cloud and libvirt backends equally supported. Tested on the HackWeek Engineering Cloud
- one Terraform bug found (PR with a fix in the works)
- 7 pull requests merged into the terraform libvirt provider
A daily diary is available here.
Looking for hackers with the skills:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 14
This project is one of its kind!
Be the first to comment!