Elasto is a cloud storage client project that has been developed across a number of SUSE Hack Weeks.<br /> It currently supports Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure REST storage protocols, and includes a POSIX like file API.<br /> For Hack Week 12 I plan to extend Elasto in the following ways:
- Add support for the Ceph RADOS Gateway<br />
- RADOS Gateway is capable of processing S3 requests, but Elasto is currently hard-coded to use Amazon hosts, and makes certain assumptions about request and response formats.<br />
- Extend the file API, which currently only uses the Azure Blob service backend.<br />
- Azure File service support should also be implemented.<br />
- An S3 back-end could also be implemented, with write-at-offset constraints.<br />
- Directory handle operations still need to be finished.<br />
- The project tracker should be moved to off of Google Project Hosting, which will be discontinued.
- Cleanup and push the cURL->libevent http client conversion changes.
This project is one of its kind!